Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Cell Phone Wallet

For daily errands, I like to travel light and prefer not to carry a pocketbook.  I try to get away with the bare minimum such as my cell phone, keys, a credit card, etc...,.
I was in need of a new small carryall so I headed over to Etsy for some inspiration. I ended up purchasing a pattern from Shawna Lane Designs for this Cell Phone Wristlet Wallet.
 I made the wallet per the pattern with a couple minor changes.
I did not include the wristlet option, as I prefer to simply carry the wallet like a clutch.
  I chose duck cloth in a soft gray for the outer fabric....
 ....and 100% cotton quilting fabrics for the interior. The inner lining is a gray and white chevron....
 ....and the pockets are made from a simple crosshatch design.
I added a subtle detail to the center pocket with some decorative stitching.
The wallet has plenty of space to hold my essentials. I like the simplicity of the wallet and that it fits my needs perfectly for a quick out-the-door trip.
The open wallet with everything tucked away is neat and organized. Creating and using a handmade item with purpose is one of the many simple pleasures of life.

Linking up to the following parties:
Print Friendly and PDF

16 comments:

  1. I love the understated elegance of your wallet. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your wallet came out fantastic, I really like your fabric choices, and the special stitching that you used!
    Thanks for giving my pattern a try and for the feature on your blog!
    Diana Corbitt, owner Shawna Lane Designs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your wallet and the fabrics you chose. Awesome job! Have a happy day! ~Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  4. So simple and lovely - love the fabric patterns and your decorative stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I love the interior detail stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this idea! Your decorative stitching was the perfect touch to that inside pocket:) Found you via the party at Fluster Buster:) http://fancythatnotion.blogspot.com/2014/02/diy-leather-heart-necklace.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, that sure turned out cute! I'm headed to Etsy now. Thanks for sharing! ~Lisa @ Practically Perfect Home

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea Suzanne , Love it!

    Cindy@GlassSlipperRestorations

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this, especially the chevron lining! I've been trying to go without a purse this winter as much as possible, too. It's so nice to fit everything into a small wallet and just go:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty. Love that it's so simple, practical and looks so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice! Posts like yours make me want to learn how to sew again.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this! Could you please do a tutorial on this!? I'd love to gift this to a friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You did a wonderful job on these! I'm a sewer so I appreciate the work put into it. Love your colour choices as well.
    Blessings, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  14. Suzanne, this is so pretty. Like Parlor Room Ponderings, above, said, I sew, so I can tell how involved this was. My favorite thing is your last line of the post: "Creating and using a handmade item with purpose is one of the many simple pleasures of life." Yes! And for me, "Creating and (giving) a handmade item with purpose is one of the many simple pleasures of life" is true as well. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading each and every comment and welcome any questions or feedback you may have.

^ Scroll to Top